Eligibility And Requirement
- Must have a bachelor degree (minimum four years of study) from any recognized university in Bangladesh/Nepal/Sri Lanka or abroad;
- At least second class (or CGPA 2.75 on a 4 point scale) in all exams;
- Candidate with a background in social science is preferred;
- Candidate with first classes in bachelor/master degree and first divisions or GPA of 5.0 in the S.S.C. (Secondary School Certificate) and H.S.C. (Higher Secondary School Certificate) exams is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in civil service (cadres only), academic and research organizations, NGOs, and bilateral and multilateral donor agencies;
- For civil servants, requirement of work experience can be relaxed.
- Maximum age limit is 42 years;
- Approval of Deputation/Study Leave from his/her employer;
- Professional Goal Statement describing the utility and usefulness of the MPPG degree to his/her place of work;
- Publications in recognized/peer reviewed journal can add extra value for admission;
- Language Proficiency (optional):
- TOEFL- Minimum score acceptable: 550/213 (paper-based)
- IELTS- Minimum score acceptable: 6.0
- Language proficiency requirement is not mandatory, but can add extra value for admission.
Requirement for Self-Financed Candidates:
- At least bachelor or equivalent degree;
- Tuition and other fees are applicable as per NSU rules.
ADMISSION FOR MPPG
- One intake in each year. Admission circular is given usually in websites and newspapers (The Daily Star, Daily Prothom Alo and Daily Jugantor);
- 12 students (9 from Bangladesh, 2 from Nepal and 1 from Sri Lanka) are taken in each batch;
- Eligible candidates are career civil servants (cadres only), executives from NGOs, academics, and researchers. Fresh graduates can apply only in self-finance category;
- A written admission test is taken on English, General Knowledge, Analytical Skills and Basic Mathematics (total 80 marks);
- A viva-voce exam (total 20 marks) is taken for the selected candidates in written test;
- The Viva board usually consists of representatives from each partner institution of Norway, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Admission Timelines (Tentative):
- Admission Circular : December
- Application : December-January
- Written Test : January
- Viva-Voce : January
- Final Selection : February
- Submission of Leave Approval : April
- Class Starts : May
For MPPG Prospectus, please CLICK Here.